Tuesday 16 February 2016

25 Bookish Facts About me Tag

Seeing as this is a newish blog about books, I thought I would do the 25 bookish facts about me tag so that you can get to know me better.

1. My favorite series is Ranger's Apprentice by John Flanagan. I started this series way back in 2005/2006ish. I actually picked up the second book first not realizing that it was the second book. Luck for me, I ended up leaving it at school during school holidays and my mum ended up buying both the first and second books for me and I have been hooked ever since.

2. I have more books than space on my bookcases. This is a problem I have had for a while now. It actually got to the point where I ended up filling up two boxes of books and putting them in storage. It was pretty painful trying to pick what books to put in storage, but I think I might need to box up some more soon.

3. I probably own over 500 books. Last time I counted I had somewhere in the 400's range and this was over two years again. So it would be more surprising to me if I didn't have over 500 books than if I had over 500 books.

4. I grew up in a book/story telling loving household. My mum loves to read and has just as many books as I do. My dad loves to tell a good story or two. We like to say he never lets the facts get in the way of a good story as we are forever correcting him, or he is forever changing the story.
Fun fact, while mum reads more, I actually remember dad always being the one to read to my sister and I when we were kids sharing a room. He would read a part of a book of my choosing to me first and than he would do the same for my sister.

5. I love looking at other people's bookcases, even more so if they have similar tastes to me. Another Fun fact, recently I went to a friend's birthday party and when she went to give me a tour we ended up stopping when I saw her bookcases so we could talk about her books.

6. I have a serious book buying problem. Last time I brought books online, I ended up buying over 20 books, plus two manga boxsets. It can get really bad.

7. I was really late to broad the Harry Potter train as I was too busy loving the Ranger's Apprentice. I have read it, but only after the 4th or 5th movie had came out.

8. I love a good looking book. Like a lot. Like I would consider buying another copy of a book, if it looks really good and I kind of like the book.

9. I hate cover changes mid way though a series. I'm ok if they make new covers for the series once the series is finished, but I like my books to look similar. Which brings me to my next point.

10. I like my books to be a similar height. It just looks so much nicer on my bookcase

11. I never realized just how many books I read in a year until I started tracking them on goodreads.

12. As someone who was read over 60 books (over 90 books one year) each year for as long as I have been tracking on goodreads I don't understand how someone can only read 10 or so books a year. Reading is fun. If you don't think it is fun, than your reading the wrong book.

13. I used to say I will never own a e-reader because I like physical books better and the look of them on my bookcase, and the feel of them when I read them. I have since brought a kindle. I still like physical books better, but some times having them on my kindle is handy.

14. Some times I like to smell my books when I'm reading them. They smell so nice.

15. I am dreading moving house because of how many books I own.

16. In saying that though, I would love to have enough books and bookcases to fill up a room. I would also like the money to do so.

17. I like to organize my books on my bookcases based on author's last name

18. I really do not like lending out my books. I have had way too many people not return my books, or if they do, it's only because I have asked for them back months after I lent them out. Like MONTHS later. I have had someone drop one of my books in the bath and not returned it or replaced it. So now if I lend out a book to someone, it's with conditions and I'm really picky with who I lend them out to, and you get one chance and one chance only. You stuff it up and I will never lead a book to you AGAIN.

19. I get really funny about my books. See 18. I think it's because it's like they are a part of me.

20. I love talking about books with other people who also love books.

21. I can't not have a book on the go, even if I don't read that day, I have to have a book that I'm reading at the moment.

22. I can read more than one book at a one, but most of the time I stick to one at a time.

23. While I mainly read fantasy, YA and manga, I do adventure out some times and read other books. I really want to reread Jane Auston.

24. To me, if you don't consider reading to be enjoyable, than you haven't found the book for you. It's out there somewhere waiting for you, I promise.

25. I would really have to dislike a book to sell it. I don't like selling my books.

No comments:

Post a Comment